Young World Leaders – An American Summer Immersion Experience
4-week Session: July 8, 2018 – August 4, 2018
3-week Session: July 15, 2018 – August 4, 2018
Young World Leaders (YWL offers international students advancement in cultural and language immersion, leadership skill development, and academic preparedness. Students learn about different cultures and practice English language skills in real-world interactions and daily and weekly cultural trips that promote teamwork and cultural understanding. It’s also a lot of fun; ask any of our YWL alumni from around the world!
The 3-week or 4-week program enables students from all over the world to spend their summer learning first-hand about the American academic and cultural experience while also developing the skills necessary to become young world leaders.
– Explore important cultural sites around Washington, D.C. like the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Smithsonian!
– Make lifelong friends from all over the world while participating in cultural activities like cooking and sharing meals from students’ respective home countries, seeing a professional American baseball game, taking a martial arts lesson, and so much more!
– English Language Program (ESL) participants develop confidence in speaking and interacting through engaging with native speakers in many different cultural, educational and social situations
– Get an “insider’s guide” to American culture with American staff
– Make lifelong friends from all over the world
– Tour museums, visit landmarks, and discover new sights while exploring New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.
Each Young World Leaders program is designed to give students a safe and enriching environment for students to grow as global leaders. Daily life in the program is structured around:
To find out more about what a day in the life of a YWL student looks like, view a sample schedule here or visit our calendar page today!
For more information about the wealth of options available to YWL students, discover more here.